This is an experiment in fabric manipulation - essentially for a background print to my florals. I have used old scraps of fabric on calico and have tried to create surface interest and a ripple effect or undulating effect. When the colours are manipulated in Photoshop the design takes on depth which I think would translate well in a digital fabric print. This could then be embellished.
Sunday, 5 September 2010
Saturday, 4 September 2010
I have been exploring texture in the form of embossed quality stitch and undulating rhythms in nature. I have used a silky knitting yarn in the bobbin of my sewing machine and free machined some zigzag patterns with a white colourway (which can be changed in Photoshop). I wanted some fairly abstract rthymic backgrounds for my floral designs. Here is one of a series based on a drawing I did of the Sussex Downs as seen through a train window.
Friday, 3 September 2010
I have been rather remiss and not been updating my blog recently BUT I have been busy - here is a little floral number using scraps of pink jersey with a crochet centre. Don't tell anyone but the jersey were a pair of Primark knickers, the centre a not terribly successful crochet flower - but I thought the textures of the two would work well together. I may do some stitching into the "petals" to add a bit more textural interest.