Monday 22 March 2010

Colour Stories





We are encouraged at college to keep a "Colour Book" so that when we do projects we have a wide vocabulary of colour themes to use. Ideally I should be creating one new page for my colour book every week - I've been very lax, so here is one to start me off on the right path.



I love using black in my colour palettes, particularly for fashion ideas - although it creeps into my interiors and gift projects too. A visit to the Towner Art Gallery's "Dark Monarch" exhbition yesterday has certainly got my inspirational juices flowing and I think it will help me move out of my comfort zone colour-wise - despite the profusion of black and monochrome! I am itching to do some drawing and painting and to try out some new techniques.




No comments:

Post a Comment