Monday 5 April 2010

Vintage Undies



I, like at a large slice of the textile community, am currently really interested in all things vintage and particularly vintage underwear. I haven't yet been able to get hold of a sewing pattern - I keep missing out on ebay, so I have decided to embark on a pattern cutting course to design my own! Watch this space - it could take a while, especially as the course does not actually start for a couple of weeks. [Check out JULIANA SISSONS in Brighton - amazing knit designer, pattern cutter, lecturer and author.] In the meantime if anyone (in the UK) reading this blog actually HAS any vintage sewing patterns in size 10 - 12, please let me know. I am happy to trace out and return in good condition. Annoyingly I did have some vintage undies (circa 1940) which I bought antique shop years ago but they were lost - along with a lot of other "treasures" when a packing case went missing during a house move.


I found this wonderful knitting pattern on ebay - I was outbid on the item but had the forethought to copy the image. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment